Thursday, December 20, 2007

T-minus 5 days and counting



With Christmas fast approaching I am into my usual finishing up holiday buying/planning and trying to figure out what my top 10's for the year will include. While I have been doing this I have also been trying to fit in R.E.M. Live but while it isn't a bad set it isn't great either. And there have been many a CD that has caught my ear this year. So while I cannot bring myself to include that set in my year-end lists I can include a little something special for you [my one or two readers] that may be appreciated.





This is a set that I was given by a record rep back when I was still working as a disc-jockey. I'm not sure how rare it is, but it is a very good representation of Michael and the guys live. Heck, Bill Berry is still part of the group on these tracks. So enjoy "Songs That Are Live" from 1995.

R.E.M. ~ Crush With Eyeliner [Live in Detroit; 6/6/95]

R.E.M. ~ Tongue [Live in Detroit; 6/7/95]

R.E.M. ~ I Don't Sleep, I Dream [Live on Saturday Night Live; 11/12/94]

R.E.M. ~ Country Feedback [Live in Athens, GA; 11/19/92; The second time this song was EVER performed]

No comments: