Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Awake and realizing I have no coffee here...

So yesterday was the debut/test of this new thing I am trying to do and as I wandered through the rest of my day I was thinking....Do I REALLY want to do a music blog? To which I also thought, there are bunches of blogs out there focused on music yet none that cover MY favorites all the time. I NEED to do this. So here I am back blogging. I think this will evolve into a fun type of outlet...once I get to doing it more consistantly. I am going to try to put up here musings and tunes that haven't been previously available to the listening/reading public via the blogs. Maybe it will work maybe not. Perhaps I am fooling myself and I have no ability to do what I want to do...One doesn't know until one tries.

So I thought I should build on yesterday and explain why I put up the Ray Davies...."Working Man's Cafe" is by far my favorite CD released this past year. The only way it could have been better was if he had gotten together with his brother and made the The Kinks reunion CD that everyone has been anticipating for the past 3 or 4 years at least.

For today I am gonna put up my favorite track from Steve Earle's latest "Washington Square Serenade". Solid effort by him on this whole set. Special notice should be given to the track "Days Aren't Long Enough" a beautiful duet with Allison Moorer and my second favorite from the CD. It sounds to me like Mr. Earle has finally gotten a complete set of tunes that fit together perfectly. It's about time.

Steve Earle ~ Jericho Road

No comments: