Sunday, December 21, 2008

5 best of 2008 CDs - Rarities and/or Live

This is a 3 part post that I have written but wanted to publish on here...



1) Bob Dylan ~ The Bootleg Series, Vol. 8: Tell Tale Signs - Rare and Unreleased 1989-2006 - Deluxe Edition - 27 tracks [36 if you are willing to pay for the SUPER DELUXE edition, I wasn't willing. If you were, hit me up I would love to get that 3rd CD] of demos and alternate versions of some of Mr. Dylan's work from the past 20 years.




2) Squeeze ~ The Complete BBC Sessions - 29 tracks recorded for/by the BBC....some really good stuff on this one.



3) The Clash ~ Live at Shea Stadium - Who should want anything more...a full show recorded at the height of thier popularity. This CD is the full Clash set from 10/13/82 opening for The Who [They also opened the other Who show at this venue].



4) The Doors ~ Live at The Matrix '67 - Pre-popularity driven Doors LIVE....a great set that includes some classics done slightly differently than the recognized versions.



5) Neil Young ~ Sugar Mountain: Live at Canterbury House 1968 - Recorded previous to his first solo album and acoustic....would probably be rated higher by me had I gotten more of a chance to listen to it.



Honorable Mention - The Kinks ~ Picture Book [Only ommitted because I have yet to get it. That will be occurring sometime in January after the holidays....but 6 CDs of demos, hits and such from one of my all-time favorite bands cannot be a bad thing.]



...Coming up, by Wednesday, Part Two.......

No comments: